Helpful Travel Tips For New Travellers
Planning your next adventure? Here are some travel tips to help you along the way!
It's always a good time to start planning your next adventure. We have put together a handy list of things you might want to think of before you embark on your travels.
1. Pack Well
- Check the expiry date on your passport
- Make a list of everything you need
- Take the right plug adapter along with an extension lead
- Look up how cabin crew packs and fold their clothes.
2. Save Money
- Set a realistic budget
- The best time to book flights that will save money is on average 5 weeks in advance
- However, book well in advance if booking at a peak season
3. Keep Safe
- Before you travel check to see if there are any recommended injections
- Take a first aid kit, be prepared for common ailments
- Give yourself time to adjust to the local food
- Avoid food places that the locals don't seem to be eating in
4. Be Respectful & Kind
- Avoid offence by learning key phrases
- Follow the lead of the locals, e.g removing shoes, covering up
- Be aware of hand gestures as some might be offensive
- Spend your money so it gives back to the community
5. Avoid Disappointment
- Check the weather and microclimates of your destination
- Get clued up on local scams, so you don't fall into a trap
- Get good travel insurance
- Don't walk around with a camera, phones or cards on show. Take a bag with interior pockets for valuables
6. Enjoy Your Time
- Don't let the weather disappoint, there's plenty to do if the rain appears, look up local activities
- Disconnect and allow yourself time to experience your trip.
- Try the local food
- Don't put pressure on yourself to do every single thing. Just relax and enjoy yourself